Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open new Keynote documents in iCloud

Sure am frustrated with iCloud Drive! I cannot open any of my documents in Keynote that are in the iCloud Drive, including ones I just made a couple days ago. Whether I try to open them from within Keynote on my Mac or from a finder window, I get a file that just says "The file xyz cannot be opened." Boy that is sooooo helpful. I can open the documents on my iPad. So what's the deal and how do I fix it? I am using Yosemite and iOS 8 with Keynote 6.5.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 6, 2014 10:20 PM

4 replies

Nov 8, 2014 12:09 PM in response to Dan Bryant1

No replies. Am I the only one with this problem? Tried again. Started a new document in Keynote on my Mac with just 5 slides, saved it to iCloud Drive. The document opens fine on my iPhone and iPad but when I try to open it on the Mac, I get the message that it cannot be opened. Indeed, I cannot open any of my Keynote documents that are stored in iCloud Drive. I am using the latest Keynote and Yosemite on my Retina MBP.

Nov 8, 2014 2:20 PM in response to Dan Bryant1

Figured it out after reading a bunch of different articles on similar topics. The solution is to log out of your iCloud account in System preferences and then log back in. I have a hunch that this problem was created when I changed my iCloud password. While the solution is easy, it is also a big hassle. Now iMail is in the process of downloading over 4000 messages! Good grief.

Can't open new Keynote documents in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.