Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with rotation and landscape mode in iOS 8

From start of iOS 8 I have got problem with rotation in my iPhone 5S 32GB as well as in my iPad mini retina 32GB. Automatical rotation to landscape mode is not working correctly. For example if you take the phone or tablet to landscape mode in base display and tap to Safari, Mail, Messages, the app will start but stay in normal mode, not landscape. Then you have to back the phone to normal portrait mode and back to landscape and only then the phone do the landscape mode. I have never seen this problem in iOS 7 or older.

Could you help me anyone with this problem? Or is the problem generally in iOS 8.

Thanks a lot

Jakub

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1, 32GB

Posted on Nov 7, 2014 1:03 AM

6 replies

Nov 25, 2014 6:27 AM in response to Briansyddall

Brian, thanks, but it's not a rotation lock issue - at least not relating to the rotation lock setting. It's just a general use setting. Right now i have my iPhone propped in landscape mode. If I now hit the home button, essentially returning to a portrait setting though my phone is still positioned in landscape, then open any other app that supports landscape, that app WILL NOT orient itself to landscape mode. It will stay in portrait mode. The phone has to be physically oriented to portrait, then back to landscape for the app to register landscape mode properly. This is a glitch, and not a rotation lock issue. it ought to be noted that this was not an issue in iOS 7 or any previous iteration.

Problem with rotation and landscape mode in iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.