Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Book ordering doesn't work

I cannot order an Aperture photo book ; when entering apple id, the system is asking to create a new login and then "the account is being updated" . Systems hangs. When I try again, the system says: try later . what to do ?

Posted on Nov 7, 2014 5:07 AM

1 reply

Jan 10, 2015 3:45 PM in response to freddyapple

I solved this just now for myself and ordered a photo book.

My search shows this problem has been around for years.

Problem: Select BUY BOOK in Aperture to buy a photo book you have created in aperture....

Then a window pops up to enter your Apple ID ....(in my case, aperture is already logged in to iCloud and handling all my photo stream daily!)

I would enter my apple ID and PW (which is universal for all Apple stuff from my experience....Store, App Store, iTunes, Applecare, etc.)...

then select login or existing ....THEN YOU GET THIS PAGE WANTING YOU TO CREATE AN APPLE ACCOUNT !!!!

WEIRD! I went to store, updated credit card, zip code (because some posts proposed that was a problems, etc

Finally, Just CONTINUED TO ENTER MY OLD PASSWORD IN THIS create account form, next page credit card, etc.....

It took it all (without saying, "HEY, this account already exists", as you would expect)

Placed my book order.

Now I just tried buying another book....no problem, don't have to go through this again!

I suspect a third party vendor for the books is the reason...just a guess. But Apple should still have it fixed by now. (scold scold)

User uploaded file

Aperture Book ordering doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.