Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple air pad 2 freezes frequently

iPad air 2 freezes from time to time

iPad Air, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 7, 2014 8:39 AM

8 replies

Nov 10, 2014 11:05 AM in response to valeribo3

I just upgraded replacing my iPad 3rd gen with a new 128GB iPad Air 2. Have had it for about 10 days now.

While I'm generally pleased with the iPad Air 2 overall, I am very displeased with two problems which seem to occur frequently:

1) iPad Air 2 freezes and becomes non-responsive. Nothing will get its attention. After a while it appears to crash and reboot on it's on. This is not limited to any specific app nor does it just occur in Apple apps, although the iOS Mail app is a frequent place where the crash occurs.

2) I have seen a number of cases where even though I have a good WiFi signal (in the same room with the Router -- an Airport Extreme). the WiFI is slow or disconnects. There is absolutely no other device using the WiFi at the same time.

I really hope Apple has some fixes being tested -- it will be a shame to have spent so much on the new iPad Air 2, only to have it marred by abeing an unreliable device. Unfortuantely I no longer live near to an Apple Store or I would take it in for them to take a look.

Nov 11, 2015 1:57 AM in response to valeribo3

I have been having the same problem lately with my iPad Air 2 (Wi-Fi, 64gb, IOS 9.0). The touchscreen is unresponsive at times. Yesterday, with the iPad fully charged the screen refused to turn on. I did a reset and it came back. Sometimes when I lift the cover to "wake" my iPad, it doesn't turn on unless I press the home button. I'm in somewhat of a panic cause stupid me didn't add AppleCare. It'll cost close to $400 for Apple to check and repair if there are any issues with it. I've had it a little over a year and the warranty expired on 11/4. I'm checking Black Friday sales to replace it for less than Apple would charge to fix. I was wondering if maybe the screen protector on it could cause issues. 😕 Hopefully this is a software issue that can be fixed with an update and not hardware.

May 17, 2016 5:08 AM in response to valeribo3

I've had my ipad air 2- 64gb wifi for 6months and it froze on me tonight when I tried to go into my emails. The screen was on but couldn't slide, tap or shift nothing on it, so I did a hard reset by pressing home button and off/on button at the same time for a couple of sec's, which worked. I got the apple logo and everything was back to normal, but have now noticed that it lapses when swiping or double-clicking on home button. I've looked at the system general info and its telling me that it has the latest updated version of 9.3.1.

I am just updating my iPhone 6 to version 9.3.2. Unsure if this will fix the previous version. I have tried updating my ipad air 2 to latest version 9.3.2 but its not able to pickup the version stating "no updates required". I have checked the system general info to see if it already has the latest version 9.3.2 which it doesn't.

I will report back on whether the latest updated version 9.3.2 fixes the bug or whether the IOS is the problem.

Once updates are all done I will check general system info again to see if there is any problems.

Apple air pad 2 freezes frequently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.