Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

E-mail frozen on IPad Mini

E-mail app frozen on my IPad mini. Happened after attempting to send file with large PPT attachment. Tried re-booting. Have a blank white screen. All other apps working fine. Any ideas?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 7, 2014 9:31 AM

8 replies

Nov 7, 2014 9:39 AM in response to kdunn6

Close the mail app and reset the iPad.

In order to close apps, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Next, reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Nov 7, 2014 9:47 AM in response to Demo

Well, you come to me to report once again, I do not have a new ID, I do not use a password before you change etc.

发自我的 iPhone

在 2014年11月8日,上午1:39,Apple Support Communities Updates <discussions-updates@apple.com> 写道:

Apple Support Communities

Demo has posted in the Using iPad community.

Close the mail app and reset the iPad.

In order to close apps, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Next, reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

To post a reply, go to the discussion in Apple Support Communities.

You are receiving this email from Apple Support Communities. You can change your email preferences in your Apple Support Communities Profile.

TM and copyright © 2014 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 96-DM. Cupertino, CA 95014.

All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Apple Support

Nov 7, 2014 9:53 AM in response to kent low

I tried this twice. First, I closed just the Mail app. Next, I closed ALL apps. Shut down and restarted per instructions. No change. Mail opens to a blank page with the trash, reply, etc icons at the top. if you try to click any of those....or even if you do nothing, the app shuts down in a few seconds and takes you back to the home screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.