Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iWork '09 Numbers launch for anyone under Yosemite?

iWork '09 Numbers fails to launch under Yosemite. Suspecting it may be Yosemite related. iWork '08 Numbers launches and runs ok. No indications of launch failure in Console. It just doesn't launch. This is only important to me because older spreadsheets require opening and saving in iWork '09 Numbers before the new Numbers version under Yosemite can open them.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 7, 2014 10:48 AM

5 replies

Nov 7, 2014 10:58 AM in response to Kappy

I have the latest Numbers app from the Mac App Store, version 3.5. This version 3.5 tells me it can't open some of my older spreadsheets and that I need to open them in iWork '09 Numbers and save them before version 3.5 can open them. The problem is iWork '09 Numbers will not launch under Yosemite for me. It gives no Console indication of a problem but will not launch.

Nov 8, 2014 8:49 AM in response to Yellowbox

I finally discovered that I can launch Numbers (iWork '09) (version 2.3) by launching the image internal to the Numbers package (MacOS) in Terminal. I also discovered that KeyNote shares this same problem but not Pages.

In summary, I cannot launch iWork '09 Numbers or KeyNote via the normal Finder Icon launch.

There are no diagnostics posted to Console when I try the Finder launch, the App just never shows itself nor is it in the running applications list.

Disk Utility shows no permissions issues, and repair shows no issues. Anyone have any ideas?

I cannot find my iWork '09 install disks but I did a Time Machine restore of Numbers from several years ago but that image exhibits the identical problem.

The iWork '08 apps work just fine under Yosemite.

Thanks in advance!

Does iWork '09 Numbers launch for anyone under Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.