Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6/Plus can't connect to Alpine stereo

My family and my iPhones, 6, Plus can't connect to my Alpine w530bt stereo in my car via BLUETOOTH. The iOS8.1 update didn't fix this. I have tried everything from reseting phones, to networkresets, deleting previous connection in the stereo.. Everything..

I also got an iPhone 5 and sometimes, but not everytime I can connect it..

The stereo has the latest firmware update too.

Posted on Nov 7, 2014 2:49 PM

8 replies

Nov 9, 2014 3:11 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi I have exactly the same problem since I upgraded to an iPhone 6 - my iPhone 4S on IOS7.x worked perfectly.

My headunit is an alpine CDE-136BT

My phone finds the head unit, but when I try to connect it says 'unable to connect'

not being able to play music or answer the phone using bluetooth is quite an annoyance to say the least.

Nov 9, 2014 2:01 PM in response to sofuca

I suspect that your problem is the head unit is expecting your iPhone 4S, not the 6. You need to go into the menu of the Alpine unit and make sure that the old phone pairing is removed from the unit. Since the iPhone is finding the head unit and when you attempt to connect it is failing, shows that the Bluetooth on the phone is functioning.

iPhone 6/Plus can't connect to Alpine stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.