Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applecare telephone wait times

I've always subscribed to AppleCare, just because their phone support is usually better than most. Recently, I called regarding some iTunes/ipad issues:

FIVE minutes on hold only to be told "we will now route you to the correct person for your particular issue". The next recording said "at least 15 MINUTES before you talk to a human" - not verbatim, of course.

So, at least 25 minutes before I talk to a human being regarding my problem.

Is this new? Has AppleCare recently become as terrible as HP, Dell, etc, or is this is one-off?

Very frustrating, considering it's a paid service

pc, Windows XP Pro, mac when needed

Posted on Nov 7, 2014 3:51 PM

14 replies

Jan 31, 2017 6:30 AM in response to Tariqs

again, no way of knowing. The automated system guesses despite whatever statistics it's using but it even if it "errs on the side of caution" it can't be a guess. You can let apple know your frustration by going to

apple.com/feedback

on the lighter note, the system no longer recognizes me as Mark, it now thinks I'm Peggy. Amazingly I call apple once a week with all the systems I support and ask them to change it so it can be changed, just not for me.

Sep 27, 2017 8:53 AM in response to tvmaster

I have been calling and chatting for over 6 hours in order to find a solution to one of my orders but currently I have decided to give up, because the only thing I was getting back was frustration and hate. When you are paying around 3000 pounds for a computer the least you require is a good SALE support team, I am not even talking after sales support. So well, after being in a call explaining my issue multiple times, I was finally (after 50 minutes) supposedly redirected to the manager, the truth is I wasn't I was sent to another employee who had no idea what was going on.... When I explained everything again (1h 20 minutes of call) suddenly the line fell. I called again and they told me what I was asking for did not exist, yet I had it in front of my eyes in my screen because they had already done it a few hours ago...

Apple, one of your strengths was customer support, it seem clear to me that is no longer true. I had a few issues a year ago, but didn't write anything because I was too frustrated and didn't want to put more time or effort into the issue. Today this has changed, I decided to post this to show people how your service really is. After these experiences I am confident to say I will never buy again an Apple product unless I have no other option.

Sep 27, 2017 12:41 PM in response to xabimer

xabimer wrote:

... Apple, one of your strengths was customer support, it seem clear to me that is no longer true. I had a few issues a year ago, but didn't write anything because I was too frustrated and didn't want to put more time or effort into the issue. Today this has changed, I decided to post this to show people how your service really is. After these experiences I am confident to say I will never buy again an Apple product unless I have no other option.

This is an entirely volunteer forum, it is for questions regarding Apple products and services, not complaints. Apple doesn't read posts made here and no one from Apple will have this brought to their attention.

If you would like to let Apple aware of your umbrage go to this link

www.apple.com/feedback

Nov 7, 2014 5:12 PM in response to tvmaster

I can only share my own experience. I certainly can't speak for others.

I have had to call Apple three times in all of the years that I have owned Apple devices - maybe 18 years or so. I had to wait for a couple of minutes on each occasion but I was never put on hold for 25 minutes. But bear in mind, paid service or not, only so many techs are available at any give time and if they are getting overloaded with calls, the wait times will increase. There is no promise that wait times will be within a certain time frame. The only promise is that the call is not chargeable since you purchased the support service.

The bottom line is that it is not necessarily bad customer service, but maybe just a product of current circumstances instead.

Dec 14, 2016 8:57 AM in response to tvmaster

I've read some of the replies and for the people who have had a less than 5 min wait period are few and far between.

anytime that I've call either support or sales, I've had to wait more than 15mins

I'm on the applecare purchase line and I've waited 40mins and I've asked to speak with a manager... and I'm on hold right now for an additional 10mins ... and still waiting.

my suspicion is that the good comments on this conversation, are apple employees.

btw... my call just call just got dropped!!!! after 50mins of waiting.... and I didn't even get a call back.

you call this service???

Dec 14, 2016 9:05 AM in response to cablejc

I routinely have to call for the number of systems I support and the back end of Apples recognition has called me the wrong person for years, then identified devices I don't own. I have repeatedly asked during these calls to remedy this but Apple has never made and progress. So when I call, Yes, I'm Mark, yes my iPhone 7 still doesn't work, otherwise I'm stuck talking to an automated rollercoaster which routes to nowhere when Jimmy needs to take his iMac in for a stress test.

Contact Apple has some real "opportunities" in 2017, I hope they address them before their support does not become a blurred bad experience that other execs have recommended to corporations and left with their bonus while the customer service rating goes down the hole at the bottom of the outhouse.

I've spammed apple.com/feedback, and every Apple CSR I speak to this is how my conversation begins and I'm assured it will be looked into. It all equates to time lost with a system no one has a handle on. Two years, countless conversations and no improvement whatsoever. Dude...

User uploaded file

Applecare telephone wait times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.