Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connected to wifi with iPhone and macbook.. i pad is connected but won't load any websites.

What do i do if my iPad won't load any website at all in safari? it can't be my connection because my iPhone and macbook are working fine.

Posted on Nov 7, 2014 7:36 PM

1 reply

Nov 10, 2014 12:08 PM in response to cfs10

Hey there cfs10,

If your Safari is not loading any webpages and you cannot access any internet services with other apps I would recommend using the following article to help you get that resolved:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections - Apple Support

Start with these steps:

1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and on. If your Wi-Fi setting is dimmed, follow these steps.
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected.
  4. Tap User uploaded file and Forget this Network.
  5. Try to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network.
    Note: You may need to enter your Wi-Fi password again if your network requires one.
  6. Turn your Wi-Fi router off and on2. If your ISP also provides cable or phone service, check with them before attempting this step to avoid interruption of service.

If the issue persists use this section from further down:

Unable to access the Internet while connected to Wi-Fi

1. If you're using a public or commercial network, you may need to log in or subscribe.
  2. Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:
    1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected and tap User uploaded file.
    2. If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, you may not be able to access the Internet.
  3. If you do not have a self-assigned IP address, see if other Wi-Fi devices on your network have Internet access.
    • If they do not, consult with your network administrator or ISP for further assistance.
    • If they do, reset network settings on your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
      • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
      • recently used Bluetooth accessories
      • VPN and APN settings

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Connected to wifi with iPhone and macbook.. i pad is connected but won't load any websites.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.