Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.x (on Yosemite) display bug (scroll bars)

I am seeing a display bug in iTunes 12.0.1.26 on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

When I scroll up and down using the magic-mouse scrolling the display gets screwed up (maybe from the left-right scrollbar at the bottom of the window pane).

I am in the list view, not an album cover view.

I cannot take a screenshot with cmd-shift-4 or with Skitch because the display redraws correctly before the screenshot is captured. So I have to describe it best I can: It's chopping up some of the rows and they are getting overwritten with partial row images. Darn, it's hard to describe.

Is anyone else experiencing something like this?

Thanks,

Dan

iTunes-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 7, 2014 10:36 PM

21 replies

Nov 12, 2014 3:01 AM in response to Dan Hewins

Yes, same here. iTunes 12.0.1.26, MacBook Pro 2012, OS X Yosemite 10.10

I noticed that it happens more often if app is in focus (and song name is scrolling?). If I just scroll the contents of the window when it is not in focus (app name is not shown in the OS X title bar) it seems like it redraws the whole window more often.

See green marks on the attached pic.

Best,

Andrej

User uploaded file

Feb 10, 2015 4:13 PM in response to Dan Hewins

This may be a long shot, but I was having the same problem and I seem to have solved it as follows:

1. Go to System Preferences
  2. Click on Displays
  3. In the Display tab, under Resolution, select "Scaled" but leave it at "default". This will simply make it revert to the "default for display" but miraculously cured the iTunes display problem.

YMMV, but this worked for me.

iTunes 12.x (on Yosemite) display bug (scroll bars)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.