Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configure voicemail button iPhone 6

Hello there,

I've been looking for a way to change the number of the voicemail in an iPhone 6. I also have found this: *5005*86*your number# but have read somewhere that does't work up to iPhone 5.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Posted on Nov 8, 2014 4:32 AM

18 replies

Nov 8, 2014 6:58 AM in response to Matteo_999

See this -> Get help with visual voicemail on your iPhone - Apple Support

Contact you cell provider.

You need to input the number of your voicemail service, not your phone #.

Here’s how to do it on AT&T

-> http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB115686&cv=820#fbid=CkdgyqXOdeN

Here is how to do it on T-Mobile

-> http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-15785

1. Tap the Phone application.
  2. Tap the Keypad tab.
  3. Dial the following code: **5005*86*+18056377243#
  4. Tap Send.

Nov 8, 2014 8:35 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I didn't say that, but I wrote my carrier's voicemail number. My carrier is TIM and the number is 41901. I tried with **5005*86*+41901# and **5005*86*41901#, none of these worked. Basically I had the number set before, but recently it changed and when I tap the button the assistant says something like: "We are sorry, but the number of the voicemail changed, etc...".

Now I'm wondering if should I reset some settings...

Thanks to everyone for helping me so far!

Feb 19, 2015 9:37 AM in response to Renamart

If your carrier is a support carrier of the iPhone, they should know what to do for your voicemail. The should have it set up on your account so that when you press the voicemail button, it goes to whatever portal is necessary for you to access your voicemail. If it is not working correctly, the should be able to reset your voicemail and set it up correctly. Apple has nothing to do with it, as there is no settings on the phone for voicemail except to access it via the voicemail button, and that setup is actually handled by the carrier. All parts of voicemail are a carrier function. When you call them back, ask that you have this issue elevated from customer service to technical support.

Configure voicemail button iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.