Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Slow, Freezing, Crashing, Deleting Doc Since ios 8 . Why? How fix?

Since ios 8 and forward, Keynote is extremely slow. It freezes, quits, and has deleted docs that froze. This alone brings me to the edge of deleting the app completely or just going back to using my laptop exclusivelyt. Keynote's functionality suffered significantly during the previous update (ios 7), but eventually updates fixed most issues.

Why is this happening? This is unacceptable as I rely on the app, across devices, daily. Like others, it freezes during presentations...I don't use it now in public, just converting everything to a pdf and tolerating a flat presentation of content. Fixes on the way?

Using ipad air, 128 w/ only 1/2 full. Keeping my docs short - size at first seemed to be the solution, but not always. I back up via cloud, and itunes.

Is anyone finding a better app solution?

Thanks

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 8, 2014 10:38 AM

4 replies

Nov 9, 2014 6:32 AM in response to MiloB4

I have no solution but would like to confirm your experiences because I don't think they are isolated.

Keynote is often very slow, it hangs or even freezes in mid-presentation.

Sometimes it will not display an image on a slide but only shows the white background of the slide (a different image each time).

iPad Air / Apple TV

I have used Keynote since day one and I thought I would switch over to the iPad version completely but it is impossible at this stage because Keynote is unreliable, easily the worst form of criticism for an Apple application.

Nov 9, 2014 4:24 PM in response to helischmidt

MMost people are having the same problem. It's a shoddy update by Apple to blame, and not much you can do. Applr has shown they just don't care about their customers with this iOS update/iwork,

and unfortunately you can't do much but wait for them to maybe fix their applications, which is taking a long time.

you may want to try loging into icloud.com to see if you can same some documents though.

Nov 25, 2014 12:52 PM in response to MiloB4

Apple did send me an email asking if I would send my crash data (retrieved via itunes). It has only crashed (thrown me out of the app) 1x. It just constantly freezes - Keynote AND Pages - regardless of doc size and complexity. Within the first few keystrokes I can no longer make progress within a new or existing document for 15-30sec. I try to restart where I left off, and again, it freezes. They are now totally useless. I don't present off of Keynote anymore due to the unreliability as well.

I am somehow relieved that others are having this issue to rule out a hardware problem. Mostly I am outraged that a product that worked so reliably for years - and which I am dependent on for daily business - is suddenly gone - either due to ios8 and/or their software package updates - with NO acknowledgement let alone fix from Apple. Two versions ago these products were near perfection. I so wish I could just download an older version. I'd have a functional ipad back and all iwork doc problems would be solved.

Jul 25, 2015 5:01 AM in response to MiloB4

I have been battling with this problem for several months. I have raised this with Apple who have been so unhelpful it is unbelievable. Not only do they NEVER call back as promised but the 'solutions' offered treat users as though we are completely stupid.

Let me share the result of a one hour conversation I had with a senior advisor this morning:-

I have been given three choices:-

1. Set up my iPad as new and do NOT sign into iCloud. Then write several presentations and see if they work. If they do then future problems are resolved... The only trouble is that you must NEVER import anything from your backups ever again because that could corrupt the system again. In other words, you have just lost EVERYTHING you ever backed up!

2. Live with the problem

3. Hope that the problem goes away when IOS9 is released!

I do not know if Apple Support is useless elsewhere but it is completely useless here in the UK.

Keynote Slow, Freezing, Crashing, Deleting Doc Since ios 8 . Why? How fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.