Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mystery events in calendar won't delete

Hi,

I have an iPhone 6 and sync my calendars with iCloud.

I have suddenly had some events appear on my iPhone only (can't see them in calendar on my iMac), they just say New Event but the start date is today at 16.50 but the end date is 00:00 Mon, 1 Jan 2001. It won't let me delete it it just comes back and I can't change any details in the event (name, time, start and end date), if I try it just crashes the calendar app on the phone 😟

Please help, this is driving me nuts 😟

Thanks

Posted on Nov 8, 2014 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 7:47 PM

I had that too. Super annoying. It's a glitch on your iPhone, not iCal or iCloud. I figured out a way to fix it: Reset your settings. Just make sure to not reset your phone! If you do a factory reset, then it will delete EVERYTHING. If you reset your settings, then it will just delete your calendar from your phone, so afterward you just sync with iCal and it will come back WITHOUT the glitch! Just make sure to back up your phone right before you try.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 7:47 PM in response to Specialk72

I had that too. Super annoying. It's a glitch on your iPhone, not iCal or iCloud. I figured out a way to fix it: Reset your settings. Just make sure to not reset your phone! If you do a factory reset, then it will delete EVERYTHING. If you reset your settings, then it will just delete your calendar from your phone, so afterward you just sync with iCal and it will come back WITHOUT the glitch! Just make sure to back up your phone right before you try.

Mystery events in calendar won't delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.