Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if I have more than 25000 songs?

I have more than 25,000 songs can I get them in iTunes match?

Posted on Nov 8, 2014 2:49 PM

1 reply

Nov 10, 2014 12:24 AM in response to Jos De Raaij

Hi,

iTunes match has a limit of 25k tracks for tracks matched or uploaded. iTunes purchases do not count towards this limit.

Can you have iTunes match and an iTunes library with more than 25K?

Yes but you need to manage your library so that you keep matched and uploaded tracks below 25k. You can only subscribe if you have less than 25K when you subscribe.

With iCloud status column added to song view (go to menu > view > view options and tick appropriate box), you can tell what has been matched, uploaded, purchased, ineligible, duplicate or waiting. You can also have a "Removed" status. Such files are ignored when match scans your library.

I achieved this by creating a second blank library - I signed into match and was able to view all tracks in iTunes Match. iTunes: How to open an alternate iTunes Library file or create a new one

I then deleted some tracks from this library - effectively deleting tracks in the cloud. They were not deleted from you hard drive and will still appear in your original library. This method works well if you have a second computer on which your library only shows tracks in the cloud.

When I went back into my original library, the iCloud status for those tracks were shown as "removed". iTunes Match will now ignore those tracks. You can now add new tracks provided you kept matched and uploaded to less than 25k. I keep a smart playlist any track with iCloud status = matched and any track with iCloud status.

Jim

What if I have more than 25000 songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.