Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp - Windows Mouse/Keyboard Problem

Hi there,

I have had Windows 7 installed on my new Mac. I was having difficulty with external hard drives. I read on a forum to in Windows uninstall all USB drivers and then they would be reinstalled and fix my external hard drive problems. Unfortunately I think I uninstalled the drivers that make the trackpad and keyboard work in Windows on my Mac. Now when I start in Windows I can't shift the mouse or use the keyboard. How do I fix this?

Details

MacBook Pro

Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

Serial Number C2*******H00

Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

Using Windows 7 on Bootcamp

(attached image is the driver I think I uninstalled from memory)

Thank you in advance for your help.

P.s. If you have any advice about using external hard drives on my mac using Windows in Bootcamp, that would be appreciated too!User uploaded file

<Edited By Host>

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Nov 9, 2014 12:30 AM

4 replies

Nov 9, 2014 6:00 AM in response to Silvertreetops

If you have a wired USB KM, use it first. Download drivers on to a USB stick and re-install BC drivers.

For external disks, this is one option to consider. If you have a 2TB disk, partition it into two parts, one is Mac OS X Extended Journaled (1TB), the second is FAT (1TB). Drives larger than 2TB have issues with FAT partitions. You can also use Free Space instead of FAT32.

From the Windows side, convert this Free Space/FAT32 to NTFS. Use this for Windows backups and Windows files. The other partition for OS X backups and files. Mavericks has drivers to allow read only access to NTFS, and Windows has a corresponding HFS driver for readonly access to HFS+ disks.

Yosemite breaks this read-only access.

Oct 10, 2015 2:18 AM in response to Silvertreetops

Hello, I'm really sorry to resume such an old post, but I have a similar problem.
I already wrote a post few days ago, but no one replied me yet. I accidentally erased all the drivers from my Windows 7 Pro x64bit that I installed with Bootcamp assistant.
I tried to put the drivers back on a USB Pen using the same App (Bootcamp Assistant), but when I tried to open it in Win 7 it didn't work because I couldn't still use neither my mouse nor my keyboard.
Now I read that I have to download the drivers from Apple - Support - Downloads, but my doubt is: I download, unzip and put on a USB Pen these drivers, but how can I open the pen folder on Win 7 if I couldn't use mouse/keyboard?

Waiting for an answer, thank you very much 🙂

Bootcamp - Windows Mouse/Keyboard Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.