Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn off Calendar text reminder

I keep receiving Calendar "text" reminders, in addition to Notification Reminders. It's ANNOYING because I already choose which events I want a notification for, within the New Event "form" each-time I create a new event. I can choose to be alerted 5min, 1hr, 2days before the Event ...or I can choose "none"....... However, even if I choose "none" I keep getting incoming text reminders to my text messages, in addition to a screen Notification (which I prefer). No matter what, I will get a text reminder. I put on my calendar; Tuesday 28th/4pm/Portland trip/no alerts... just so I know not to schedule anything else that day, not because I need a remindeder. So it obeys me and doest send the Notification pop-up, but while I'm driving to Portland an incoming text comes in at 4pm to remind me OF WHAT I'M ALREADY DOING. How can I make these dual reminders stop? I will gladly choose one or the other....either a Text or a Screen Notification. Any help you can offer would be great. Thank you!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Nov 9, 2014 2:42 AM

2 replies

How can I turn off Calendar text reminder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.