Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal hotspot is not showing

I Just upgraded my iPhone 5s to iOS 8.1 and I can't find personal hotspot in settings, it's gone.

how can I solve this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2014 7:38 AM

3 replies

Nov 11, 2014 10:59 AM in response to Afrasyab

Hello Afrasyab,

Personal Hotspot is located in Settings -> Cellular -> Personal Hotspot. If necessary, the relevant troubleshooting steps are detailed below.

1. See if your iOS device, computer, and wireless plan all meet the system requirements for Personal Hotspot.
  2. Make sure Personal Hotspot is on: Tap Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.
  3. Check the Internet connection on your iOS device: Tap Safari and load a new webpage.
  4. If one connection type doesn't work, try another. For example, instead of connecting using Wi-Fi, use USB or Bluetooth.
  5. Turn Personal Hotspot off and on: Tap Settings > Personal Hotspot or Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.
  6. Install the latest version of iOS.
  7. Reset your network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  8. If you still see the issue, restore the iPhone.

iOS: Troubleshooting Personal Hotspot
http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS2756

Cheers,

Allen

Personal hotspot is not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.