Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPhone 6 have a 5ghz antenna for wifi?

I cannot see my 5ghz network with my iPhone 6, however, I read online that the 5S has the 5ghz capability. I cannot find anywhere that says the 6 does -- common sense would dictate that if the 5S does the 6 likely does.

It cannot see my 5ghz network, however, my iMac can.

Thanks,
Matt

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2014 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2017 6:01 PM

That is not particularly helpful to a nongeek. The question was will an iphone 6 support 5G wi-fi. Your answer is about 802-11 yada, yade.

5 replies

Dec 8, 2014 5:43 AM in response to mergedplot

I am having the same problem, I think. I have one of the new T-Mobile CellSpot routers (2.4 and 5ghz, wifi ac). My iPhone 6 can see and readily connect to the 2.4ghz but can't see the 5ghz. If I type the name of the network and password in by hand it connects and will hold it until I leave the house, but it won't reconnect when I get back home, simply because it doesn't find it on its own. My Mac Mini and work laptop see and connect to the 5ghz connection just fine.

Does the iPhone 6 have a 5ghz antenna for wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.