Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any issues with iPhone 6 plus screen cracking

iI've had a problem with the screen on my iPhone 6 plus screen. I noticed a hairline crack in the top corner. I have not dropped the device and keep a cover on it for protection. Shortly after noticing the crack when I put only minor pressure on the screen the rest of the glass cracked in a crazy pave pattern. When I had my genius appointment with genius support I was informed that Apple would have replaced screen with only hairline crack foc but as screen is now showing multiple cracks I had to pay £99. even though there are no impact marks. That is following the law to the letter. I reluctantly paid but feel hard done by to say the least. I would be curious to hear if anybody else has similar experience. If this turns out to be an inherent fault I would like to know

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2014 12:42 PM

4 replies

Jul 21, 2015 8:00 AM in response to oncechris

I am on my 2nd iPhone 6-plus 64 gig in only 4 months. With the first one I put it in my pocket, then when I removed it to answer a call it had cracks throughout the entire screen. I had to wait a little bit to come up with the money to get the 1st one replaced using my insurance, which was $200. Like most people, I bought the best screen protector on the market, as well as a very nice case. However, On the second day of using my "brand new" iPhone 6-plus, it fell off the coffee table (approximately 16" from the ground) and to my horror, again it was cracked from top to bottom and side to side. I believe there is a problem with not only the glass used for the screens, but also how they are installed. I think there is a lot of pressure from all sides, and because of this the slightest bump can make them shatter. I've spent over $1100 including this "new" one and my original phone. I've bought cheap Walmart phones that I've thrown on the ground and dropped I don't know how many times and never had this issue......it's sad that the best smart-phone on the market has everything that the user could ever possibly need to use, but u just can't view them because Apple chose to use a very inferior glass instead of what they should have. When I buy something that has the Apple logo, I expect nothing but the best, but unfortunately this isn't the case with the IPhone 6-plus. I can be reached at *******.com

<E-mail Edited by Host>

Any issues with iPhone 6 plus screen cracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.