Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't make a Genius Bar appointment

I went in to my local Apple store today because my Mac crashed and the message was due to no memory. When they checked it, they said it had to be seen by a Genius Bar tech and to go home and make an online appt. I have done this many times so imagine my surprise at the new website navigation and the absolute impossibility of getting to the Genius Bar page. Apple is doing everything in its power not to provide this service- from blocking out days previously to not allowing customers to make an appt. They want to force me on to the Paid Service option.

How do I make this appointment. Part of the reason I always loved Apple was its superior customer service. Seems that reality is gone.....

mac pro

Posted on Nov 9, 2014 5:40 PM

6 replies

Nov 27, 2014 9:25 AM in response to originale

Same problem!! After spending 30 minutes trying to find the "make a Genius Bar appt spot" online, I went to my Mac Store to ask how to make an appt online - pretty sad to have to do that! They assured me that they are there to help but that they think I can solve my problem talking on the phone with someone... I want to be able to make an appt, go to the Genius Bar, and have my problems solved!! That is what Apple Service has always been like - what happened to great customer service!!

Nov 27, 2014 8:47 PM in response to leroydouglas

Leroy- when was the last time you tried? They have changed things, You CANNOT schedule a genius bar appt directly anymore. You have to call and they want to charge you for the call- just like MS used to. One of the reasons I switched to Apple was for the support and I paid twice s much for my machine for the privilege. Ilove my Mac but not so much that I want to buy another one at twice the price of a PC for the same low level of service

Nov 27, 2014 9:24 PM in response to originale

I JUST tried to do the same thing (make a GB appointment online) and it is completely different than the way it used to be. It makes you sign into the technical support page and the list of your apple products comes up. If you don't have any apple products still under warranty, then you have to pay for service and can NOT make a GB appointment. I am EXTREMELY disappointed with this new change. Apple's customer service was one of their top strengths.

Nov 27, 2014 9:44 PM in response to originale

originalewrote:

when was the last time you tried? They have changed things, You CANNOT schedule a genius bar appt directly anymore. You have to call and they want to charge you for the cal

The last time I made an on-line genius bar appt was November 20, 2014.

So yes you can, unless they changed something in the last 7 days?

I was out of warranty as well, it was not an issue and I was not charged anything for doing so.

User uploaded file

Granted it is more difficult then before, I tried to walk you through it above. Good luck. You can always call your store.

Can't make a Genius Bar appointment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.