Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupt Attachments in Apple Mail - help!

I'm on OSX 10.6.8 running Mail 4.6. on my Mac Pro 2008, iMac 27", MBP 17" -- ALL the same problem. (IOS Mail on my iPhone 5 shows no problems)

All my attachments - jpeg, PDF for example are corrupt. They will not view or download properly. The jpegs are chopped up and the PDFs do not open properly and sometimes don't open at all, saying an error.

This is the identical problem to this thread below (though on Lion):

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4144151?start=15&tstart=0

I tried the rebuild mailbox in an islated temp mailbox, but it still doesn't fix it.

This is major, as I have been using Mail application for nearly 10 years and only in the last 3 months has this problem occurred. Any fixes for this?

Any advice, solutions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 9, 2014 5:25 PM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2014 2:39 AM in response to sparkie_7

I am having the same problem using iMac OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with mail and pdf attachments. Forwarding the emails to another user on iCloud has the same problem with the files appearing the correct size but Acrobat identifies them as corrupt. Cannot read them on iPhone 5 or iPad Mini either.

I noticed that the attachments no longer appear at the bottom of the email either but as attachments and jpeg as files not images ... help needed on a legacy system please :-))

Corrupt Attachments in Apple Mail - help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.