Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12 list of internet radio streams gone?

For years, I have mainly used iTunes to listen to internet radio steams - BY FAR. With each successive iTunes update, this feature seems to be more and more obscured and difficult to use. I've just updated to iTunes 12, there is a button on the menu bar for 'Radio' that, when selected, shows a group of 'featured' stations, but I no longer have the large list of categories, each with it's own list of stations, to which I have grown accustomed.

My main question is, can I still find that list?

Windows 7, Intel i7

Posted on Nov 9, 2014 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2018 2:16 PM

Well Apple certainly knows how to obscure a feature when they want to, I'll give them that. After installing High Sierra and iTunes 12.7.2, I was convinced Apple had finally deleted 'Internet Radio'. Even after reading this thread it still wasn't obvious. To clarify, these are the required steps:

1. Choose 'Music' from the drop-down menu at the top left of the iTunes window.
  2. Click 'Library' (to the right of the drop-down).
  3. In the sidebar, hover the cursor over the 'Library' heading, revealing the secret 'Edit' button.
  4. Click 'Edit'.
  5. Tick 'Internet Radio', and press 'Done.
  6. Enjoy free Internet Radio until Apple hides the feature somewhere else (or, heaven forbid, removes it completely).
13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2018 2:16 PM in response to rblinzler

Well Apple certainly knows how to obscure a feature when they want to, I'll give them that. After installing High Sierra and iTunes 12.7.2, I was convinced Apple had finally deleted 'Internet Radio'. Even after reading this thread it still wasn't obvious. To clarify, these are the required steps:

1. Choose 'Music' from the drop-down menu at the top left of the iTunes window.
  2. Click 'Library' (to the right of the drop-down).
  3. In the sidebar, hover the cursor over the 'Library' heading, revealing the secret 'Edit' button.
  4. Click 'Edit'.
  5. Tick 'Internet Radio', and press 'Done.
  6. Enjoy free Internet Radio until Apple hides the feature somewhere else (or, heaven forbid, removes it completely).

Dec 19, 2017 2:48 AM in response to jasonb b

Jason, to keep your favorite streams safe before updating Itunes again:

I'd recommend creating a new playlist (ex: "Internet Radio Favorites") adding your favorite Internet radio streams by either: 1. Clicking and dragging the station name from the streams list into your new playlist or 2. While streaming, right click the gray space beside the station name in the live display up top > choose "Add to playlist" > select your playlist. The playlist will remain intact in the next update! Happy Days.

iTunes 12 list of internet radio streams gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.