Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo stored on my Mac don't show in iCloud library beta

The photos that I store from my camera to my Mac won't show on my other devices.

I use the iCloud library beta. OS X Yosemite on my Mac and iOS 8 on my iPhone and iPad. I can see that the photos goes to the photo stream on my Mac, but still don't show on my iPhone. What can be the problem?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 10, 2014 12:34 AM

6 replies

Nov 10, 2014 1:15 AM in response to kgrinden

I can see that the photos goes to the photo stream on my Mac, but still don't show on my iPhone. What can be the problem?

The problem is iCloud Photo Library Beta.

If you enable this, My Photo Stream is only one-way - from your iPad and iPhone to your Mac, but there is no longer an easy way to upload your photos from the Mac to your mobile devices, because iCloud Photo Library is not yet supported on the Mac. iCloud Photo Library disables My Photo Stream upload on the Mac as well as iTunes Photo Sync.

If you need to upload photos from your Mac using Photo stream or iTunes Photo Sync, disable iCloud Photo Library Beta, until it is out of Beta and supported on your Mac.

See: iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ

Nov 10, 2014 7:13 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for the answer 🙂 This drow me crazy.. One more question though:

After going back to the "old fashion" photo stream, the stream on my phone only shows a small amont of pictures( Probably those that are taken by the phone after i turned the iCloud library on ). The stream on my Mac still has the 1000 last photos. I thought they would all come back to all of my devices.

Is there any chance I could get the whole Mac stream to my phone and iPad? Aren´t they synchronized?

Nov 10, 2014 7:31 AM in response to kgrinden

Is there any chance I could get the whole Mac stream to my phone and iPad? Aren´t they synchronized?

My Photo Stream is synchronized in iCloud. iCloud will keep the photos uploaded during the last 30 days, but only the last 1000 photos.If you reach either 1000 photos or the 30 days are over, older photos will be removed from iCloud. Your mobile devices are only seeing what is in iCloud, not what the Photo Stream on your Mac is still showing.

To get the photos back into the Photo Stream of your mobile devices you could download them from My Photo Stream to iPhoto events or Aperture projects, and share them again to My Photo Stream.

See this document: iCloud: My Photo Stream troubleshooting

Look at the paragraphs "I see different photos ...."

Photo stored on my Mac don't show in iCloud library beta

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.