Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! I'm trying to upload music from my 4th generation nano linked to an old itunes acct, onto my new current acct. How do I do this?

Can somebody assist please?

Posted on Nov 10, 2014 11:24 AM

4 replies

Nov 10, 2014 11:53 AM in response to Kimbo619

Kimbo619 wrote:

Thank you for the response. I have used both links provided and still no progress. I called customer support and they can't help either, they suggest I go to an apple store to have it looked it.

Any other suggestions?

Care to share what they had you do that didn't work? This is to avoid the "been there, done that" scenarios.

Care to share which OS you are using?

User uploaded file

Nov 10, 2014 4:39 PM in response to Kimbo619

When you say "account," what you mean is your iTunes library. I think... Your iPod is synced to your old iTunes library (perhaps on an old computer that crashed), and you want to take the what is on your iPod now and add those songs to your new iTunes library. You don't have any other "backup" of your iTunes data. If my guess is correct...

The reason Apple customer support can't help with this question is because that capability is not part of iTunes (by design). iTunes syncing is generally in one direction, from the computer's iTunes library to the iPod. You cannot use iTunes to transfer song files from iPod to computer (except for songs purchased from the iTunes Store). However, there are third-party methods and utilities that can transfer from iPod to computer. If you do an Internet search on something like "ipod transfer," you should get some links, including an article by CNET on the topic.

Help! I'm trying to upload music from my 4th generation nano linked to an old itunes acct, onto my new current acct. How do I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.