Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 camera stops recording at 7 seconds

Consistently stops after 7 seconds on initial launch, but if I hit the record button again without exiting the app it records until I stop it. Is this a camera app problem or hardware problem? Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 10, 2014 12:04 PM

9 replies

Feb 21, 2015 9:35 AM in response to angelcelestial

I have rebooted the phone and closed apps many times. Sometimes it will work for a while and then just stop working again. This has been going on for months. Go talk to the Apple Genius today and I'm sure they will insist I wipe my phone and "set up as new phone" losing all of my crap to see if it clears the issue, because that is all they are good at.

Feb 21, 2015 10:04 AM in response to jmpage2

Specifically -

If the screen shows a closed lens or black image, force quit the Camera app.If you do not see the Camera app on the Home screen, try searching for it in Spotlight. If the camera does not show up in the search, check to make sure that Restrictions are not turned on by tappingSettings > General > Restrictions.Ensure the camera lens is clean and free from any obstructions. Use a microfiber polishing cloth to clean the lens.Cases can interfere with the camera and the flash. Try gently cleaning the lens with a clean dry cloth or removing the case if you see image or color-quality issues with photos.Try turning iPhone off on back .Find this on a different place give it a try & hope so help you out .

iPhone 6 camera stops recording at 7 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.