Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 1 / iPad Air 2 screen color differences

Hi

I have two iPad Air 1's, fairly new, and just got iPad Air 2. When kept side by side (see pictures below: iPad Air 1 on left, Air 2 in middle and another iPad Air 1 on right. See the color differences on screen? How do I know which one is accurate? Why do the screen colors vary for a giant like Apple which is in pursuit of perfection?

Note that the Air 2 has now been returned: After placing the screen protector, the "superiority" of Air 2 screen was diminished and I found lesser difference between Air 1 and 2 screen, not worth spending the extra $!!!

See pictures below. Please also visit http://displaymate.com/iPad6_ShootOut.htm that says Air 1 usually has 7,041K vs iPad Air 2 that has 7,355K color temperature of screen, so iPad Air 2 (in center below) should have been more "blue-er" than the Air 1's on either side which does not seem to be the case! I am posting this to ask experts how to determine which is most accurate screen color and how to make sure I get iPad from the "right" batch? Any help/opinions? Thanks so much!

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPad Air, iOS 8.1, ipad air 2, yellow screen color

Posted on Nov 10, 2014 12:37 PM

5 replies

Nov 11, 2014 10:54 PM in response to Churych620

Hi Churych620, Thanks for writing!

The iPad Air 2 in middle is definitely more pale than iPad Air 1 on the right-most side of picture, whereas it should be the opposite. It may be possible that the Air 1 on the very right may be erroneously too blue!

I just wanted to find out how to determine which is the best "white point" or display color temperature and how can I possibly select a good piece? Also I don't understand why Air 1's on wither side have their displays that different color temperatures!

Thanks!

Nov 12, 2014 5:07 AM in response to InnovativeDoc

Apple need to include screen colour calibration to IOS. Most screens I've seen in the Apple store and Best Buy were off. The retina screens seemed actually worse for colour than the old pre retina screens. Even a basic screen calibration function could easily solve this issue. It's possible to do a this now only through jailbreaking.

Send Apple feedback:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

iPad Air 1 / iPad Air 2 screen color differences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.