Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air (1.gen.) 128 GB - TLC NAND Flash issue?

Hi,

after having many troubles with my iPad Air cellular 128 GB 1.Gen., I got a new one from Apple - but the problems are still the same. Apps don't start, iPad Air doesn't work any more until I make a soft reset; then everything works for a short time and problems are starting again.

When I heard about the TLC NAND flash problems of iPhone 6 (plus) , I thought that this could be my problem too, especially as there are more than 600 apps on my iPad - just the situation reported from the iPhone 6. Now I could read in another Mac Forum, that indeed the iPad Air 128 GB, the iPhone 6 (64 GB) and iPhone 6 Plus (128 GB) should have a TLC Flash storage and the same storage issues. And there was to read that Apple has informations about this issue in the iPad Air since 10 months!

Does anyone have more informations about the flash storage issue of the iPad Air 128 GB so that I can be sure that this is the reason for my problems?

And a second question: Does the iPad Air 2 (128 GB) have the same issue with the flash storage? And what about the iPad Air 2 cellular with 64 GB?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 10, 2014 2:07 PM

There are no replies.

iPad Air (1.gen.) 128 GB - TLC NAND Flash issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.