Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a podcast from iTunes 12?

I have a couple dozen duplicate Podcasts in my iTunes library, and I'd like to delete them.

Here's how I think it's supposed to work. Right click, then click "Delete". In fact, that does work sometimes. Check here:

User uploaded file

However, I don't wish to delete that Podcast, so having the option doesn't help. If, however, I try the same thing with the next item down…

User uploaded file

… there are fewer options, and "Delete" is not among them.

BTW, if I click "Play" the podcast plays.

If I click "Podcast Settings" absolutely nothing happens.

If I click "Download All" absolutely nothing happens (nothing enters my download queue).

If I click "Show in iTunes Store" I go to a page saying that the Podcast could not be found.

There are similar questions in the 'iTunes for Windows' community but I'm using a Mac.

Mac Pro Dual Quad-Core 2.8GHz Xeon, Mac OS X (10.5.5), 32GB RAM

Posted on Nov 10, 2014 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2014 12:28 PM

OK, here's what I found:

The podcasts in question were saved as Music albums/songs with the *genre* "podcast" not the media type "podcast".

The solution was to go into Music, find the podcasts in my album list, and delete them there. Afterward, they no longer appeared in my Podcast list.

2 replies

How do I delete a podcast from iTunes 12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.