Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBA serious issue with battery life

Purchased my Macbook air roughly this time last year (Nov 13) was initially extremely impressed with battery life on mountain lion and i love using the air

its now running mavericks and has been for around 8 months

recently I've noticed the battery life decreasing extremely rapidly literally 1% every 2-3 mins

i literally only use it for web browsing and listening to music , battery seems to be running down extremely quickly considering such light use and i never used to have this problem

contacted apple support a couple week ago and they recommended doing a couple of resets , but these did nothing

its a 13' 128gb model 1.3 intel core i5 , 4gb

I've read a couple of threads on here regarding similar battery issues to mine but can't quite link one to my specific model

Anyone got any ideas as to why the battery is draining so quickly ? , its really starting to annoy me now and I'm considering booking a genius bar appointment but my nearest apple store is 50 miles away so obviously if anyone can help out here that would be great !!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Nov 11, 2014 2:07 PM

8 replies

Nov 11, 2014 6:01 PM in response to JJY92

1. Check the cycle count of the battery against the rated life for your model. The battery may be due for replacement. If the power adapter is connected almost all the time, the battery may need replacing even though the cycle count is not too high.

2. Follow these instructions, or these for OS X 10.9 or later.

3. In the Energy Saver preference pane, uncheck the box marked

Enable Power Nap while on battery power

if it's shown (it may not be.)

4. You can also try resetting the SMC.

5. Make sure your system is up to date in Software Update.

6. Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service center.

Nov 12, 2014 3:01 PM in response to Linc Davis

ive checked the cycle count and it all looks fine i hardly ever use the macbook whilst its charging

the "enable power nap" is unchecked

apple support have already guided me through resetting the SMC and it didn't seem to do anything ??

yosemite is the next update shall i update to that ?

my macbook is currently telling me its on 49% with an estimated 7hrs of use left

although in reality this will deplete within an hour or so ?? 😢

MBA serious issue with battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.