Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call Failed - Iphone 5 ios 8

I have a very annoying issue, after I updated to ios 8 every call I make I have a "Call Failed" message and my calls are interrupted, then I call back and the people on the other side can't hearme... I use my cellphone to make several calls due to my job and this issue y causing me lots of problems.

Apple should fix it ASAP, who can I contact to complain about it and try this to be fixed?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2014 2:12 PM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2014 8:18 AM in response to aoquel19

Hi aoquel19,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that you're running into issues with phone calls when using you're iPhone. I definitely understand how this is a frustrating experience, but there are some troubleshooting steps to go through in order to resolve the issue. If after following steps 1-8 below and the issue persists, then you will need to contact your carrier to confirm there are no issues on their end. Ultimately if there are no issues with your carrier, then you will need to restore the phone as new, or contact AppleCare.

1. Toggle airplane mode: Tap Settings > Enable Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn off airplane mode.
  2. Check your phone settings:
  3. Ensure that your software is up to date:
    1. Check for a carrier settings update.
    2. Check for an iOS software update.
      Note:
      Some updates may require a Wi-Fi connection.
  4. If the iPhone has a SIM card, reseat the SIM card.
  5. If the iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s is on the Verizon network, dial *228 from the iPhone and select option 2 to update the Preferred Roaming List (PRL). The PRL determines the cellular towers the phone uses for cellular service, selecting those with the best signal strength.
  6. Reset the network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  7. Try to make or receive calls in another location.
  8. Attempt to isolate to one network band:
    • If you're having the issue on LTE, disable LTE, if possible, and try again.
    • If you're having the issue on 3G/4G, disable 3G/4G, if possible, and try again.
  9. Contact the carrier to check the following:
    • Your account is properly configured to use the specific iPhone that has the issue.
    • There are no localized service outages.
    • Your account doesn't have a billing-related block.
    • Your calls don't have errors on the carrier system.
  10. Restore the phone as new.

If the above steps don't resolve the issue, go to an Apple Retail Store, carrier, Apple Authorized Reseller, or contact AppleCare to send the phone in for service.

iPhone: Troubleshooting issues making or receiving calls - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

Call Failed - Iphone 5 ios 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.