Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal GMT bug

I prefer to use google calendar at work, since iCal does not work on Government Networks. But I like having iCal for its printing capabilities. Solution... I create everything in google calendar and I have it sync to my iCal. Problem:

iCal changes all my events originally created in google calendar to GMT time, so everything is about 5 hours off. I searched the web for answers and got nothing other then alot of unresolved complaints. I tried switching my google calendar timezones around to different countries and re-importing everything into the iCal, but this did not work. So I tried the opposite by changing my iCal timezone to different countries, then deleted and re-imported my google calendar. No dice. I even selected and deselected Timezone support in the settings of iCal, and repeated the early process.

If you guys could fix this issue, it would be greatly appreciated and probably save my life! If its not fixed my loyalties to apple will get swaded by google and windows. 😕

Posted on Nov 11, 2014 4:06 PM

2 replies

Jan 27, 2015 6:47 AM in response to Scooterboy56

This is a relatively new issue for me on my phone which I've had for well over a year, so I agree that this is an iOS operating issue (I am on iOS 8.1.2).

I found something that works (for me). All of my iCalendar appointments sync through gmail. The issue has been that on my iphone, the appointments can be seen as EST (my time zone) and GMT is visible if I click on the event to view all the details. If I go to edit it, the time changes to GMT. Since I'm never quite sure of the difference between EST and GMT, it makes it tough to change an appointment to the correct time (if the appointment needs to be edited).

After searching around on forums, I couldn't find a relevant answer. The ONLY thing that I do to fix it for me was go to settings on my phone, go to the iCloud section, Share location, and click it on. Ever since then, the GMT has disappeared from my calendar.

My other settings which may or may not be relevant: 1) On iCloud setting, I have Calendars turned off (I use google calendar, so why share with iCloud?); 2) I have Time Zone override (in Calendars section) turned off.

I have no idea what will happen when I travel to another time zone, but I am happy for now!

iCal GMT bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.