Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting Up Roaming Network

I'm trying to setup a roaming network using MacOs 10.10 with the new airport utility.

All i have found on the apple support page has the old version of the ultility and I can't find the same for the new.

I have try everithing. I'm using one aiport extreme from 2010 and an old airport express. both i have them connected through the lan network of the house.

I just whant them to be one wireless network in all the house.

Posted on Nov 11, 2014 2:49 PM

4 replies

Nov 11, 2014 3:02 PM in response to Chiguire

Unfortunately, it looks like Kappy has provided you with an older support document that does not track with the newer 6.x versions of AirPort Utility, which you likely have.

Unfortunately again, Apple has not updated this document or provided a new document that would illustrate the uses of AirPort Utility 6.x to configure the AirPort routers.

We can try to help, but we are concerned about the "old AirPort Express" that you mention, since the newer 6.x versions of AirPort Utility do not support the older versions of the AirPort Express. You may have one of these models.

Please look for the model number of your AirPort Express on the side of the device. It is hard to see, with gray lettering on a white background, so you may need good lighting and a magnifying glass to see the model number clearly.

The model number starts with an "A" followed by four numbers. Please post back with the model number that you see on your Express, as we need that before we can go any further.

Nov 11, 2014 4:15 PM in response to Chiguire

That is good news on the AirPort Express, as this model is supported in the new version of AirPort Utility.

The AirPort Extreme is already set up and operating OK, is that correct?

Have you tested the Ethernet cabling to make sure that the connection to the AirPort Express is working? If not, temporarily connect a computer to the Ethernet cable and turn off the wireless on the computer. Make sure that you can get a good Internet connection that way.

Setting Up Roaming Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.