Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watch dvd without burn DVD from DVD Studio Pro 4

My client wants to see DVD now and we are 3,000 miles apart. I created DVD project as img file. But it is huge file size to upload. Is there a way to view DVD project through http online?

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), FCP 7.0.2, DVDSP 4

Posted on Nov 11, 2014 8:38 PM

4 replies

Nov 12, 2014 8:41 AM in response to David Harbsmeier

to add to David's post, for best quality, go back to your original output from fcp, do not rip the dvd.

the 800 kb or lan presets in compressor will do a pretty good job. You'll find them in apple: otherworkflows: web: download: quicktime 7 compatible. If you've got titles, I find turning on frame controls, and setting the resize filter to best makes a big difference in quality.

You can also post the video on youtube or vimeo and keep it private with password protection rather than using a file sharing service.

Nov 15, 2014 9:18 AM in response to deafie

Encore I believe has a way to build a "mock-up" via Flash Export, which may be what you are referring to. (I am pretty sure it does in face, just have not opened it in awhile, Encore is kind of clunky compared to DVD SP.)

Something to consider is using Toast which allows you to compress the size of the DVD, though of course there will be a drop of the quality of the footage. But if it is proofing links and general functions, it may be what you need. There is other software that does the same thing.

You may also set up a remote access to your computer, if you are comfortable with that and the user could try to view via DVD Player on your machine.

Such as

http://www.howtogeek.com/180953/3-free-ways-to-remotely-connect-to-your-macs-des ktop/

Apple Article here

OS X Mavericks: Allow access using Apple Remote Desktop

watch dvd without burn DVD from DVD Studio Pro 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.