Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yosemite

I don't think that my below problem's a Yosemite system wide problem, but it occurs after my upload of Yosemite and I wonder if somebody could help me to solve.

When I want to upload a file (mostly pictures) to a web site, I'm not able to do that anymore. Clicking on the button 'upload' it come's to a window where you can choose your file you want to upload. Actually this window's too big (after uploading Yosemite) and the button where you can chose the file you wish to upload, this button disappeared and is hidden in the lower part of my screen. No way to scroll down and no way to minimize in order to reach the final button.

Could not find the solution in the help area ... it's presumably a 'silly' problem and quite easy for somebody who knows about Apple system better than me :-)

Would be glad for any help

thanks's Anna

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), OS X Yosemite (10.10), function of Finder

Posted on Nov 11, 2014 11:51 PM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2014 3:48 AM in response to annacer

topic : oversized file window / overstretched File "Save As ..."

under Yosemite 10.10.1 it occurs, from time to time, without any indication (at least to me) that the "Save As" window is way too big; it is overstretched, too big, way too large in the vertical dimension to be able to see, for instance, the bottom row of buttons with "New Folder"), "Cancel" and "Save".

These command-buttons, and sometimes also a substantial part of the "Save As ..." window disappears.

In TextWrangler (there is comment too on MacUpdate : http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11009/textwrangler) this happens pretty often too me; i first considered it a bug in the most recent version of it -- apparently, it isn"t. but in TextWrangler i can reproduce the very defect of overstretched "Save As ..." windows very reliably :

a restart of the app does not help. it occurs with various textWrangler versions, it occurs in other apps too, and once it occurs in, for instance, TextWrangler it won"t go away.

a full uninstallation, with all prefs and support files erased, does help -- till the error occurs again -(

it appears that others experience similar difficulties with other applications as well :

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6665477?start=0&tstart=0

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/3Ko3SKqmuf0

the keywords used to dig / search the apple user fora didn"t deliver as many hits as i hoped for.

to me "oversized", "overstretched", "mis-sized", "malsized", u-name-it, "Finder File Menu" (?) item seemed appropriate --- but i"m obviously wrong.

what name to coin best the "Save As ..." window/process ? i wonder ...

why the heck wasn"t i allowed to entitle a new post : "oversized file window overstretched File "Save As ..." ? such comments popping up =>

"You are not allowed to create or update this content" without any details are not of help, not to me. mebbe they suit the peeps who designed this but grew lazy in explaining the rationale behind it ...

yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.