Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite/Active Directory/Windows Server

After upgrading two iMacs from Mavericks to Yosemite, both now fail to connect to user accounts created with Windows Server2012. When using Mavericks I did not have this issue. Any thoughts? I did unbind but now the binding process fails as well.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 12, 2014 9:18 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 8:02 AM in response to celtictornado

This fixed my problem- Network Preferences/Advanced/DNS then add the NAME of your local server to the search domain. Click apply. Next, open Directory Utility and unbind the computer. Lastly, Bind the computer making sure to input the name of the local server in the space for Active Directory Domain (the same name you added to the Search Domain) and click on Bind. Hope this works!

Yosemite/Active Directory/Windows Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.