Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Workgroup Manager for 10.10 Yosemite Server ?

It looks like Workgroup Manager is not compatible with Yosemite.

Does this mean there is no way to set up Home Syncing, or is this now part of profile manager?

Posted on Nov 12, 2014 11:21 AM

9 replies

Nov 12, 2014 4:31 PM in response to Kevin Neal

WGM is not distributed with Server anymore, and hasn't been for some time (since Lion?)

However, it's still possible to download it, and old versions still work with Yoseimite (at least, it works for me). It may well be that some functionality has been lost, but as far as I know, the approved way to handle Home directories now is with the profile manager.

Feb 16, 2015 1:41 AM in response to Sean Swayze

I also got the same install fail message although I was expecting it.

The information I recall reading is that Workgroup Manager is not supported for use on Yosemite and hence also not supported on a Yosemite/Server 4.x Mac. However it is I believe supported on a Mavericks client connected to a Yosemite/Server 4.x machine.

It might be possible to either drag it in to the Applications folder on a Yosemite machine or have it on a Mavericks machine later upgraded to Yosemite but I would interpret these as also being unsupported configurations.

I would not expect a newer version of Workgroup Manager to be released.

No Workgroup Manager for 10.10 Yosemite Server ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.