Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.apple.Server.Accounts error 2 - Local Network Group problem

I am lost :-)

just to specify, this is not a production server, it is just a learning platform for me.

I did a format and start over my server configuration

in order

DNS

DHCP

Open Directory

Profile Manager

User and group

File Sharing

very basic config.

Somewhere during user and group something happen

I did create a new Local Network Group and 2 Local Network User, me and a Directory admin

but now, when I create a group, it seem I can only create local group

and I can't edit Local Network Group

Local Group -> no problem

I can edit Local Group. I can add member

or I can go to a member and add it to a Local Group even if the user is a Local Network User

it work

Local Network Group -> does not work

I can't edit Local Network Group, can't add member

if i go the same Local Network user I added to local group and try to add it to a Local Network group, I get this error

com.apple.Server.Accounts error 2

I dont know where I went wrong :-)

any idea

Thank you

Posted on Nov 12, 2014 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2014 5:13 AM

Are you editing this directly on the server, or from a client machine with Server.app installed? If it's on the server, ensure that you have 127.0.0.1 for your DNS server under System Preferences>Network, and if it's a client, check that you have the server set for DNS.

5 replies

Nov 13, 2014 6:41 AM in response to Trey

I just reformat and restart the configuration :-( but I might have the same problem again, so i hope to understand why it happened.

I had the problem on both the server and a client machine.

Part of the Local Network User and Groups were greyed out, so I could not edit them

My airport setting for DNS was set to my server, so the client automatically got the local ip of the server for DNS.

On the server, initially, the formatting DNS IP was so to my airport, then I changed it to the DNS of my Internet provider.

but for the self ip 127.0.0.1 i did saw it there at the begining but maybe when did change later it might have been affected.

I did changed the System Preferences>Network setting to a fix IP even if my airport was set as the DHCP with a fix IP for the Mac Mini.

I remember not seeing a DNS in that page. I will check for that now that I am about to start again.

and also, I tried to change the DHCP to be from given from the Mac Mini (like I read in the book) but when I did a

ipconfig getpacket en0

it was still showing the airport as the DHCP server

I will not set it this time.

Thank you

I will come back later with some update

Thank you

com.apple.Server.Accounts error 2 - Local Network Group problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.