Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LP9 becomes non responsive from Lion to Yosimite any answers yet?

I've always had some issues with logic pro that it could become non responsive, especially with graphic animations like the analyzer from the standard logic EQ or the logic multimeter, but most of the time this was about a couple of seconds. But with every new version of OSX it seems to get worse. I now have had several times i had to force quit logic because even after a half and hour of trying (trying to force logic to react by selecting it in the dock) i still couldn't get it to respond in any way.

It only happens when it's playing and seems to be worse when playing in a loop. It doesn't really seem to matter how much tracks i use in a project, first i thought it's mostly due to the many plugins as software instruments. But nowadays i only use audio tracks, with maybe 10 to 20 inserted plugins on the whole project. The strangest thing is the standard logic plugins like the enveloper, standard EQ and multimeter seems to trigger this effect most of the times. I recently upgraded my macbook pro to 8gb of ram, hoping this would help logic run smoother, which it does in every program of my mac, except logic! The problem is getting worse and worse i'm now even considering using ableton 😟. But after years of using logic i really want to keep using this.

I've seen a lot of topics of people with similar problems, but most of them are dating from 2012, when OSX Lion was first released. After that the problem kind of seemed to have disappeared, but even after extensive searching i found no solution what so ever? Could anyone tell me what i could try to get rid of this GUI lag? (have already tried a clean install from snow leopard to yosimite with no succes.

Macbook Pro (15" early 2011)

2,2Ghz intel core i7

8gb RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB

(think the Mac should really be capable, in activity monitor the used RAM is about 90% without any swap and used CPU isn't even up to 20%, but logic seems to be running in the background and can't be triggered to respond in any way?)

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 12, 2014 1:31 PM

5 replies

Nov 13, 2014 1:32 PM in response to NikNico

The real answer is to roll back to 10.6.8 and use LP9.1.5... though to be honest 9.1.8 worked ok for me.....

However... I have run 10.9.5 with LP9.1.8 without any such issues on an almost identical Mac Book Pro to yours... ( I upgraded mine to 16GB which is possible even though Apple say otherwise..) but I had to turn off Automatic Graphic Switching to stabilize things....

Jan 2, 2015 9:42 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Thanks for your reply, today i bought an additional SSD drive so i could keep Yosemite for private use on my conventional harddrive and use the SSD as Studio set-up with 10.6.8 and LP9.1.5 of 9.18. My only question now is, how do i get 10.6.8 on my SSD? To install the SSD i removed the optical drive so i don't have an option to install it with an installation disc?

Jan 2, 2015 9:48 AM in response to NikNico

My only question now is, how do i get 10.6.8 on my SSD? To install the SSD i removed the optical drive so i don't have an option to install it with an installation disc?

You will probably need to buy a cheap DVD drive from, say Amazon.... Their Basics model works well...

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Portable-External-Optical-Drive/dp/B003M0NT1M /ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420220673&sr=8-

1&keywords=Basics+DVD+drive

If you have another Mac that does have a CD/DVD drive built in then you might be able to use the Remote Disk Feature...

DVD or CD sharing: Using Remote Disc - Apple Support

But.. I don't beieve you can boot and install OS X via such a method.. I could be wrong however.....

LP9 becomes non responsive from Lion to Yosimite any answers yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.