Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I download Mac OS X Mavericks?

I'd like to upgrade from 10.8.5 to 10.9.5. I'm not at all interested in Yosemite at this time. Mavericks doesn't seem to be available at the App Store. Where can I find it? Thanks much.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 12, 2014 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2014 10:02 PM

There is no way of upgrading to Mavericks other than the current version which is Yosemite. Apple has pulled out Mavericks from the Mac Apple Store. Sorry about that.

7 replies

Nov 12, 2014 10:51 PM in response to samridh

Hello samridh

Thanks much for your reply. I was afraid that Apple had done that, but reluctant to believe it. Actually, I gather that Mavericks is still available at the App Store, but only to people who have previously downloaded it. So, possibly a work around would be to ask a friend who had done this to sign into the App Store with their account, using my computer, and then download it. I don't know if that would work. I'd hoped there would be a simpler method. Maybe not. Thanks again, Robert

Nov 13, 2014 11:55 AM in response to Eric Root

Hello Eric

Thanks much for your warning. Can you think of any way to cope with this issue, or any better way to initially access Mavericks? I have found on the internet that I can download the update from 10.9.0 to 10.9.5, via cnet at this location: http://download.cnet.com/Apple-Mac-OS-X-Mavericks/3000-18513_4-76018588.html and I now have that installer on my computer, awaiting my getting access to a 10.9.0 installer. However, I don't assume that 10.9.5 installation includes every further minor update. Any way to deal with that? Or, can anyone think of any better way to approach the whole issue? Thanks, Robert

Nov 13, 2014 5:47 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric Root wrote:

If you do that, the download won't be associated with your Apple ID and you may not get security updates or be able to download Mavericks updates.

AFAIK, one can always copy the app to another machine, CTRL-click on it, select show Package contents, and remove the receipt from the _MASReceipt folder. That should disassociate it from any AppleID and allow using your AppleID to get updates.

Where can I download Mac OS X Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.