Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook 2013 - corrupted attachments from .me account

I am running Outlook 2013 and I am accessing my Apple .me account.

About three weeks ago, most of my attachments started to be be corrupt. I got messages like 'this file is damaged and could not be opened' with files types such as PDF, JPEG and PPTX.

I have been working with the techs at my computer store and we believe that it is a problem with iCloud.

We have done some thorough testing to support this - we have set up my .me account on a new computer on a different network and we still get the same result.

Has anyone got any ideas please?

Posted on Nov 13, 2014 12:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2014 9:56 AM

I have exactly the same problem, with Thunderbird. Started slowly (occasionally) ~2 months ago and thought it was the Senders' fault. Has accelerated over past 2 wks & now every email with attachments has one or more of the attachments corrupted. I have 3 identities within Thunderbird - one POP & 2 IMAP. Two work fine; it is only the me.com IMAP identity that experiences this problem. Attachments are fine on my iPhone, so my work-around is to forward me.com email from my iPhone to one of my other 2 accounts, open the attachments there (in TBird), and then reply from me.com. But major hassle. I have scoured the internet looking for solutions, changed Config settings within TBird as recommended by some several years ago, etc. All to no avail. Hate having to give up iCloud & establish new identity, but no choice unless I can find a solution.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2014 9:56 AM in response to macinchat

I have exactly the same problem, with Thunderbird. Started slowly (occasionally) ~2 months ago and thought it was the Senders' fault. Has accelerated over past 2 wks & now every email with attachments has one or more of the attachments corrupted. I have 3 identities within Thunderbird - one POP & 2 IMAP. Two work fine; it is only the me.com IMAP identity that experiences this problem. Attachments are fine on my iPhone, so my work-around is to forward me.com email from my iPhone to one of my other 2 accounts, open the attachments there (in TBird), and then reply from me.com. But major hassle. I have scoured the internet looking for solutions, changed Config settings within TBird as recommended by some several years ago, etc. All to no avail. Hate having to give up iCloud & establish new identity, but no choice unless I can find a solution.

Nov 22, 2014 2:54 PM in response to macinchat

I don't generally use Apple products, which is probably a good thing in this case 😁 Tried to solve this exact issue for my brother in law who is an apple fanatic for mobile devices but has Windows Desktops. Not impressed as I've re-installed and upgraded multiple versions of outlook to no avail. Files sent to his normal e-mail addresses are fine. Anything from his @me.com address with an attachment in the last few weeks .pdf .docx .jpg etc are truncated. Interestingly the older re-synchronised e-mail is fine so it maybe some sort of size limitation our friends at apple have added to the @me.com data being sent through the interface in the last few weeks ? Anyway he's pretty disillusioned too. ANY CHANCE OF A FIX OR AT LEAST AN ACKNOLEGEMENT OF THE PROBLEM ?

Feb 13, 2015 5:09 PM in response to macinchat

Hi macinchat,

I'm having the same problem. Outlook 2013 accessing my @me.com email. Was working fine but received attachments have been corrupted for the last week or so. I have tried changing to P03-imap.mail.me.com and also just imap.mail.me.com to no avail. How to I change to the @icloud.com server as you suggest?

Kind regards,

Cam

Outlook 2013 - corrupted attachments from .me account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.