Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook 2013 - corrupted attachments from .me account

I am running Outlook 2013 and I am accessing my Apple .me account.

About three weeks ago, most of my attachments started to be be corrupt. I got messages like 'this file is damaged and could not be opened' with files types such as PDF, JPEG and PPTX.

I have been working with the techs at my computer store and we believe that it is a problem with iCloud.

We have done some thorough testing to support this - we have set up my .me account on a new computer on a different network and we still get the same result.

Has anyone got any ideas please?

Posted on Nov 13, 2014 12:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2014 9:56 AM

I have exactly the same problem, with Thunderbird. Started slowly (occasionally) ~2 months ago and thought it was the Senders' fault. Has accelerated over past 2 wks & now every email with attachments has one or more of the attachments corrupted. I have 3 identities within Thunderbird - one POP & 2 IMAP. Two work fine; it is only the me.com IMAP identity that experiences this problem. Attachments are fine on my iPhone, so my work-around is to forward me.com email from my iPhone to one of my other 2 accounts, open the attachments there (in TBird), and then reply from me.com. But major hassle. I have scoured the internet looking for solutions, changed Config settings within TBird as recommended by some several years ago, etc. All to no avail. Hate having to give up iCloud & establish new identity, but no choice unless I can find a solution.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2014 9:56 AM in response to macinchat

I have exactly the same problem, with Thunderbird. Started slowly (occasionally) ~2 months ago and thought it was the Senders' fault. Has accelerated over past 2 wks & now every email with attachments has one or more of the attachments corrupted. I have 3 identities within Thunderbird - one POP & 2 IMAP. Two work fine; it is only the me.com IMAP identity that experiences this problem. Attachments are fine on my iPhone, so my work-around is to forward me.com email from my iPhone to one of my other 2 accounts, open the attachments there (in TBird), and then reply from me.com. But major hassle. I have scoured the internet looking for solutions, changed Config settings within TBird as recommended by some several years ago, etc. All to no avail. Hate having to give up iCloud & establish new identity, but no choice unless I can find a solution.

Nov 22, 2014 2:54 PM in response to macinchat

I don't generally use Apple products, which is probably a good thing in this case 😁 Tried to solve this exact issue for my brother in law who is an apple fanatic for mobile devices but has Windows Desktops. Not impressed as I've re-installed and upgraded multiple versions of outlook to no avail. Files sent to his normal e-mail addresses are fine. Anything from his @me.com address with an attachment in the last few weeks .pdf .docx .jpg etc are truncated. Interestingly the older re-synchronised e-mail is fine so it maybe some sort of size limitation our friends at apple have added to the @me.com data being sent through the interface in the last few weeks ? Anyway he's pretty disillusioned too. ANY CHANCE OF A FIX OR AT LEAST AN ACKNOLEGEMENT OF THE PROBLEM ?

Feb 13, 2015 5:09 PM in response to macinchat

Hi macinchat,

I'm having the same problem. Outlook 2013 accessing my @me.com email. Was working fine but received attachments have been corrupted for the last week or so. I have tried changing to P03-imap.mail.me.com and also just imap.mail.me.com to no avail. How to I change to the @icloud.com server as you suggest?

Kind regards,

Cam

Outlook 2013 - corrupted attachments from .me account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.