Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can iMac (21.5-inch 2009) connect to Dell U2715H

May I ask if the iMac (21.5-inch, 2009) is able to connect to the latest Dell U2715H monitor (2560x1440) using the mini-displayport to displayport cable come with the monitor and use the full resolution of U2715H?

I.e.

1. the mini-displayport end of the cable is connected to the iMac's mini-displayport and

2. the displayport end of the cable is connected to the U2715H monitor's displayport.

Thanks!

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Nov 13, 2014 5:40 AM

10 replies

Apr 11, 2015 10:06 PM in response to domudem

Hi, I did get the Dell U2715H connected with my iMac using the mini-displayport to displayport cable come with the monitor.

It works sometimes and it doesn't, and it's like a hit or miss scenario. But generally, once I got them connected and running, it will work for a while unless you have a sudden power shown down, and in that case I found that leaving the monitor there unplugged and unconnected for several hours or overnight will get it back again the next time it is connected with iMac

Unfortunately, my iMac is down due to failed logic board after a sudden power outrage (you may think it happens a lot here... ), and now I only have my macbook pro 15inch connected to the Dell monitor, and sadly, the monitor works in the bootcamp windows 7 installed on my macbook pro, and not in the OS X mode...

So, I really don't know the trick to get the dell monitor work perfectly with Mac ...

Hope this helps...

Apr 13, 2015 9:48 AM in response to oatcracker

Hi Oatcracker,

Thanks, I'll try it again here and there but I have had no luck so far on my MacBook 2009. It's too bad because I bought that screen to use it in WQHD with the MacBook (I putted a SSD in it and it runs as fast as a new Mac).

From what I found, it's a faulty EDID (which is a simple code) that generates the problem and Dell offers absolutely no support on the matter, which is too bad. Would have known, I would have purchased a Cinema Display instead.

Good luck with your iMac. 🙂

Dom

can iMac (21.5-inch 2009) connect to Dell U2715H

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.