Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.1 podcast app includes multiple versions of group therapy podcast

I have iTunes 12.0.1.26 on my Windows 8.1 computer. I am running IOS 8.1 on an iPhone 6+ and iPad Air 2.

I have been having trouble with the Group Therapy podcast for months, both on my current equipment and on my previous iPhone 5 and iPad Air. I only have trouble with that particular podcast. I just deleted it for the umpteenth time from iTunes and resubscribed. I restarted my phone and iPad. I resynced them more than once. I now have one instance of Group Therapy on my computer with one episode:

User uploaded file

On my iPhone, I have the following, two instances of Group Therapy. The first one now says correctly that I am subscribed and includes the one current podcast that I downloaded.

User uploaded file

Now, I delete the second instance above from my iPhone. Only the first one remains, which indicates that I am subscribed and the last episode is Friday. I am not showing a picture of this intermediate situation.

Then I delete the podcast app from memory, wait a few minutes, and reboot the phone. Now the screen looks as below. I have two instances of the podcast again, and both say I am not subscribed:

User uploaded file

On my iPad, it's even worse. I have five instances. I can do whatever I want -- delete them all from my iPad, delete them all from iTunes, then start up the podcast again in iTunes with only one episode -- whatever I do -- it will eventually come back to what is in the screen below on my iPad.

User uploaded file

Please explain how I can get rid of the superfluous instances and not have to spend time on this anymore.

Thanks.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2014 8:32 AM

1 reply

IOS 8.1 podcast app includes multiple versions of group therapy podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.