Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DesktopServicesHelper using 99.9% of my CPU. Solutions?

Under Activity Monitor (All Processes) CPU, my MBP Retina is using 99.9% CPU. Is this something to be concerned about? Thanks.

Also, posting the coreaudiod (Not Responding) in another thread.

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 2.4 GHz/6GB mem, iPhone 5, iPods

Posted on Nov 13, 2014 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2014 9:41 AM

Select the process, then click on the Quit icon in the toolbar and Force Quit it. Do the same for the core audio process. You have an audio application running that probably causes that problem. I suggest you quit each third-party utility you have running until it returns to normal or disappears. If it's the latter, then you have a problem with that software.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2014 9:41 AM in response to SteveJobsRIP_1955-2011

Select the process, then click on the Quit icon in the toolbar and Force Quit it. Do the same for the core audio process. You have an audio application running that probably causes that problem. I suggest you quit each third-party utility you have running until it returns to normal or disappears. If it's the latter, then you have a problem with that software.

DesktopServicesHelper using 99.9% of my CPU. Solutions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.