Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This app is no longer shared with you

Just setup family sharing with my wife. Went to download one of the apps she purchased. I can see the list of her purchases, but when I download the app and try to open it says: "This app is no longer shared with you". We checked that "Share my purchases" is turned on for her. I tried restarting the phone, sign out and back in for App Store, restoring the phone and all for nothing. More than that, the app I'm trying to download was bought after family sharing was turned off. So it went through my credit card and Apple ID. My wife has the same problem downloading apps that I bought.

What can I do to resolve this?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2014 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2014 11:55 PM

Hi,

I also had this problem with my daughter's brand new iPad mini when I set her up as an under-13 account.

I went through the following steps:

- Signed out of iCloud and ITunes, then back in again (didn't fix)

- Restored IOS 8.1, and setup the new no restore of the backup. (didn't fix)

However - I was able to resolve it by:

- Signing out of iCloud and the App Store as my daughter on the device

- Launching the App Store and starting to download a free app whilst still logged out.

- When prompted for credentials to download the app - I entered her Apple ID username and password.

- The App downloaded

- I tried downloading an app from my past purchases through Family Sharing - which also worked successfully.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2014 11:55 PM in response to Emmr

Hi,

I also had this problem with my daughter's brand new iPad mini when I set her up as an under-13 account.

I went through the following steps:

- Signed out of iCloud and ITunes, then back in again (didn't fix)

- Restored IOS 8.1, and setup the new no restore of the backup. (didn't fix)

However - I was able to resolve it by:

- Signing out of iCloud and the App Store as my daughter on the device

- Launching the App Store and starting to download a free app whilst still logged out.

- When prompted for credentials to download the app - I entered her Apple ID username and password.

- The App downloaded

- I tried downloading an app from my past purchases through Family Sharing - which also worked successfully.

This app is no longer shared with you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.