Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't instal disk images

I have a mid 2012 Retina running Yosemite 10.10 Since I have installed Yosemite I cannot open .dmg files to install games. When I click on the .dmg file given to me by the developer, I get a window that says "the following disk images couldn't be opened" and then next to the file it says "no such file or directory." This happens with all .dmg files. Also for some reason my keyboard shortcuts are not working. When I hit shift + cmd + 3/4 nothing happens. All in all Yosemite is the buggiest OS I have noticed from apple since 9.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 13, 2014 9:49 PM

3 replies

Dec 27, 2014 11:09 AM in response to shoogshoog

I periodically get this error in Yosemite - right now I can't open any .dmg file. And (maybe related) I suddenly can't open Photoshop or XLD (unexpectedly quits). Restarting fixes the dmg issue, but it comes back at some point. I have to agree that Yosemite is the buggiest mess since OS9! I have to restart my rMBP about once a day just to get things working.

can't instal disk images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.