Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import ics into Calendar, getting error 403...

I have been getting this issues since upgrading two weeks ago to Yosemite. Every invitation I get from my work colleagues end with this continuous error. It means I am constantly cancelling the errors for each invitation continuously all day.

The server responded:

“403”

to operation CalDAVMoveEntityQueueableOperation.

(Someone else posted the same question but when I try to reply Apples says I am logged in so I posted it again)

I have tried deleting all calendar settings and connecting to iCloud and downloading the calendars again. This fixes it until I get new invitations and the problem starts again.

G4 Laptop / G5, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Nov 14, 2014 1:34 AM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2014 3:08 PM in response to Shaun Hunter

Please take each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. Stop when the problem is resolved. Back up all data before making any changes.

Step 1

In the Internet Accounts preference pane, delete any calendar accounts you don't use.

If there's no improvement, delete all calendar accounts and add them back. With an iCloud account, all you have to do is uncheck and recheck the box marked Calendars & Reminders in the iCloud preference pane.

Step 2

You may be trying to access an invited event that you declined, or one that was rescheduled after you accepted it. The error message should give you a clue as to what it is. If the calendar is on iCloud, you can bring up the Calendar on the website and select

Show Declined Events

from the popup menu with the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page. The declined events will appear in gray, and one of them should match what's shown the error message. [Credit for this solution to ASC member Psi.]

Step 3

If you get the error when trying to accept an invitation in an email attachment, it's because the organizer didn't properly create the event.

Step 4

Follow the instructions in this support article. Modify as necessary for a calendar that's not on iCloud.

Nov 17, 2014 12:52 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi and thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I tried everything you said and I still have the same problems. It was all working fine for many years before the Yosemite install so I am not sure what they changed. Every ics I receive from someone else has this problem.

By deleting everything from the Library and reloading I get some short term relief from past appointments but as I am sent more the problem starts again. At the moment the only solution I see is a different calendar application which I really don't want to have to do.

Thanks again.

Jan 13, 2015 6:00 AM in response to Shaun Hunter

Hi Shaun,

I couldn't import ics invitation received by email (in Mail). When I clicked on the ics invitation iCal was opening buy the ics invitation didn't appear.

Reading a few post I realized I could drag the ics invitation from from to iCal and then the invitation appeared into the "Waiting to confirm box" - on the right of the calendar button. By default is tried to sync using the "on my mac" account.

ANSWER:

I wasn't using this account, so I DELETED all my "on my mac" calendars and iCloud calendar is my default. From now on all my ics invitation are imported into iCal AND they sync flawlessly to my other device (iPhone 5 and iPad 4).

Good luck!

Feb 18, 2015 1:01 PM in response to Shaun Hunter

I have a similar issue with some ics events (one recently sent from GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar) where I tried to add the ICS to an iCloud calendar on my Mac (10.10.2) Other events (one of which originated from Outlook 11) added without issue.

I tried removing the Calendar folder from ~/Library, unchecking and rechecking iCloud Calendars in Internet Accounts, started Calendar from Terminal with LogHTTPActivity enabled, all without success. I AirDropped the ics to my iPhone and was able to successfully add it to the intended iCloud calendar. However, the event would not sync back to my Mac.

I added the event to a Gmail calendar on my Mac (using Apple Calendar app) and then moved it to my iCloud calendar with success. The event instantly appeared on my iPhone in the iCloud calendar. This is obviously not a great solution, but it may indicate where to look for an error.

I have not yet tried the steps in the support doc that Linc recommended in point 4 of his suggestions.

Import ics into Calendar, getting error 403...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.