Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid Disk Label cksum mismatch

Hello.

I'm on a MacBook Air - 2014, which came with Mavericks 10.9.4.

Currently upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.

Question: After upgrading I'm aware that my Recovery Partition disappeared! Also, when trying to use disk utility I get several information, BUT, one in particular (RED) says the following:

Invalid Disk Label @ 119806283776 cksum mismatch

Can anyone tell me exactly what this means? Also, I was using a USB with Mavericks when I used disk utility.

Also, there's a few shortcut that don't work when I boot my Mac: Reste PRAM, Safe Mode and specially Dick Diagnostics, don't work!

Hardware problem or software problem?

Thank you.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 14, 2014 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2014 4:02 PM

Hi again.

I solved my own problem and here's how I did it:

Simply accessed Recovery HDD and re-installed OS X Yosemite again.

Solved! Also, I used Disc Utility to correct any permission problem and to check on my SDD, just in case.

I should warn that, this didn't solved my problem with the shortcuts not working when I boot my Mac.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2014 4:02 PM in response to JMPC

Hi again.

I solved my own problem and here's how I did it:

Simply accessed Recovery HDD and re-installed OS X Yosemite again.

Solved! Also, I used Disc Utility to correct any permission problem and to check on my SDD, just in case.

I should warn that, this didn't solved my problem with the shortcuts not working when I boot my Mac.

Invalid Disk Label cksum mismatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.