Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard hiding text ......

My keyboard keeps hiding text when typing emails and I cannot scroll down to view what has been typed. I have tried Undocking and Docking the keyboard to see if that fixes the issue but sadly the problem still exists. Any ideas please ?

Posted on Nov 14, 2014 11:07 AM

3 replies

Nov 14, 2014 11:32 AM in response to IanAldrich

Typically, when I have seen this problem it was because the keyboard was not docked. It is deceiving because the keyboard can be up ever so slightly on the screen and it's not noticeable that it is not docked. So if docking the keyboard doesn't work, did you try turning the feature off completely.

Settings>General>Keyboard>Split Keyboard>Off.

IF that doesn't work, reset the iPad. Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

If that doesn't help, try this. Reset all settings. You will not lose any data, but most of the device settings will have to be entered in the settings app again. Settings>General>Reset>Reset all Settings.

Oct 9, 2015 5:30 PM in response to Demo

I had the problem of the keyboard hiding text while I was typing after upgrading to IOS 9. Touching the keyboard icon would show "Dock and Split" which would quickly disappear. I finally solved the problem in Settings, General, Keyboard - by turning off the "Split Keyboard" button. This took hours of frustration looking for help.

Keyboard hiding text ......

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.