Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes autocompleting whenever I hit space

I'm trying to edit my music on iTunes 12, but whenever I hit the space bar while entering in the name of an artist or album iTunes automatically selects the first name in the drop down box and enters that as the name, closing the field. Is there any way I can turn this feature off?

Posted on Nov 14, 2014 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2014 3:43 PM

The current auto-complete behaviour when you press space is a bug. A workaround is type say a leading X, then what you want to type, then remove the X.

Or if you hold down Shift as you Right-click > Get Info you get the old style Get Info dialog box which you may find easier to use until the bug gets fixed.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2014 3:43 PM in response to Ish87

The current auto-complete behaviour when you press space is a bug. A workaround is type say a leading X, then what you want to type, then remove the X.

Or if you hold down Shift as you Right-click > Get Info you get the old style Get Info dialog box which you may find easier to use until the bug gets fixed.

tt2

iTunes autocompleting whenever I hit space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.