Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Max OS X 10.3.7

Hi, I have been trying to update my old iMac, OS X 10.3.7 but couldn't find any possible solutions.

Can someone please help me?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Nov 14, 2014 5:58 PM

7 replies

Nov 14, 2014 6:22 PM in response to Kappy

I have an iMac G5 and I tried running software update and it shows no available updates. Also, there's something wrong with my airport so I tried using the LAN cable to connect to the ner and I think it worked but right now I can't access any browser to download whatever I need to. I have a Mac OS X Leopard installation disc but my current iMac's version is too old for that to happen.

I kinda tried searching to update to 10.3.9 but no finding. Isit possible to download updates from another computer and transfer to my iMac?

Nov 14, 2014 6:43 PM in response to sarodef

A G5 is capable of running up to Leopard 10.5.8, but you will need to go to eBay or Amazon.com to find a retail copy of the Leopard installer.

As for upgrading 10.3 just do what Niel suggested. Open Software Update which will provide all updates for your current version of OS X. However, upgrading to 10.4 or 10.5 cannot be done through Software Update.

Updating Max OS X 10.3.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.